[w]gbh RF-5 power increase is done

George Allen geo.allen@comcast.net
Fri Oct 23 15:58:17 EDT 2020

 From an email a few hours ago.  It must have
been the $50 I gave last week.......

GBH’s power increase was successfully implemented
today. You'll likely experience some
inconsistency this morning, and you may continue
to see minor adjustments throughout the day. Rest
assured; this is scheduled maintenance - all
geared toward the outcome we've been waiting to
see happen - full transmission capability of 34
kW before the day is done. That's a level of power we haven't seen before!

Because of this long awaited power boost, you may
also need to rescan your television in order to
start receiving the newly boosted HD signal. A
step by step walkthrough that works for most TV
models can be found at the bottom of this email
as well as online here: https://www.tvanswers.org/rescan.asp.

More than a year ago, I wrote to you with good
news – GBH’s petition to increase its
broadcasting frequency was approved by the FCC.
No one could have predicted the challenges that
our community, or the world, faced during that
time. Simply, COVID made it impossible for crew
to work at those heights that close.

I am so thankful for the patience, perseverance,
and passion of GBH’s loyal viewers. Without you,
who took the time out of your day to provide your
feedback, this power increase would have not been possible.

Thanks for letting me to share our excitement
with you, and more importantly, thank you for
your generous support of GBH. And, if you are
still unable to receive either channel, please
get in touch with the Audience & Member Services
team at info@wgbh.org or 617-300-3300 (M-F 9AM-5PM).

Best,
Zack Finn
Assoc. Director
Development & Audience and Member Services