"Antenna Man" rakes WGBH over the coals

John Francini francini@mac.com
Wed Jul 15 19:24:59 EDT 2020

George, Scott,

As a spectator (software engineer, not radio engineer) to all of this, I have a question.

Why would having RF channel 32 (in the UHF band) be a 'better' signal than low VHF (channel 5)?  And if they have to have a low VHF signal, why not their original RF channel 2? I always thought that lower frequency signals have better propagation for a given ERP?

John

—
John Francini <francini@mac.com>
“I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace;
that two are called a law firm; and that three or more become a Congress.
And by God I have had *this Congress!” — John Adams