Late Night - Early AM on WBZ-AM is now Mr. Computer

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Sun Jan 19 18:58:03 EST 2020

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020, A Joseph Ross wrote:

> Funny, I thought the price of radio stations was getting higher and higher
> after the Telecommunications Act.

There was a speculative frenzy. Everyone thought they could buy a station,
run it for six months, and sell it at a higher price to a bigger fool. The
fools all bought their stations on credit, and those who ended up the
greatest fools were stuck with debt loads they couldn't carry.

At the height of the frenzy, my place of employment, WCRB 102.5 FM in
Boston, was sold to Greater Media for $100 million. Three years later,
when its successor, WCRB 99.5 FM, was sold to WGBH, it went for a mere $14
million.

Rob