Late Night - Early AM on WBZ-AM is now Mr. Computer

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu Jan 16 23:48:33 EST 2020

I think that shareholder value was always part of the obligation of
corporate officers and directors.  It's something I remember hearing
about in law school, in the course on corporate law, back in the late
1960s.  I seem to recall that permissive state legislation was necessary
in order to allow pubic-spirited corporations to make charitable donations.

What has changed, since at least the 1980s, is that value for
shareholders used to be seen from a broader and longer-term point of
view.  Now, it's hard to get beyond this quarter's bottom line. This is
a problem in many parts of the current economy, and it's starting to get
some pushback.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. · 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 · Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 · Fax:617.507.7856 · http://www.attorneyross.com