WGBH/WGBX/ RF ch 5 is much better

George Allen geo.allen@comcast.net
Fri Feb 28 10:49:05 EST 2020

About a week ago I noticed that WGBH's RF5 HD signal was much
improved.  Last we heard, they had delayed the power increase to
mid-March [their outreach email], but maybe things went much fast
than expected.

The signal here in Swampscott [line of site to the towers] is not
great  -- "33%" signal strength on my TV, whatever that means, but
Boston UHF stations come in around 80% here.  The picture is
watchable, even without extending the indoor Terk rabbit
ears.  That's a huge difference from a month or 2 ago where maybe I
could kinda sorta maybe get a picture with the rabbit ears fully
extended, positioned just right, etc etc.

Anyone have info if they have indeed made the change to 34kW?
    George