Follow up on Question about WGBH and WGBX audio and video dropouts on Comcast cable in Fall River

Robert Chase attychase@comcast.net
Wed Aug 5 22:20:05 EDT 2020

I mentioned video dropouts along with audio. In fact observation shows only
rare video freezes. Most video freezes are not synchronous with audio
dropouts and there are not many over time. There are many, many, audio
dropouts. Nearly every few minutes. Doesn't happen on any channels except
the rebroadcast on cable of WGBH and WGBX. Doesn't happen on any others
including WGBH's auxiliary channels nor the Providence PBS station nor any
others including the cable version of other Boston and Providence on air
channels.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Chase
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:40 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Question about WGBH and WGBX audio and video dropouts on Comcast
cable in Fall River

Anybody have an idea why I get audio and video dropouts on WGBH and WGBX
while watching on Comcast cable in Fall River? It is like the signal is
dropped for a half a second or less and there is a audio pause and video
freeze. It does not happen on any other of WGBH's channels such as World,
Create, or Kids nor do I get any dropouts on any other channels I subscribe
to or any other on the air channels being provided on cable. The dropouts
happen from every few minutes to every five or ten minutes or so and seem to
be random.

Bob Chase