repack phase six

Eli Polonsky elipolo881@gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 13:58:18 EDT 2019

Earlier this year, Ch. 68's transmitter was moved from one of the towers
near Route 128 in the Newton/Needham area, I think it was on the "FM-128"
tower in Newton Upper Falls, out to the Ch. 66 tower in Hudson. I still
receive it (and its shared Ch. 58) over the air here in Somerville, but
with a somewhat weaker signal than before, and occasional pixellation or
momentary dropouts, similar to my reception of Ch. 66 (and its shared Ch.
50).

I haven't noticed 68 being off the air, though. Have you been receiving it
since its transmitter move to Hudson? If not, it may require a different
positioning of your antenna (toward west of Stoneham) than for the channels
from the 128 Newton/Needham towers (toward south of Stoneham).

EP