WCAP On The Move, WLLH Lowell Going Dark?

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Wed Jun 19 10:52:12 EDT 2019

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> The core issue was Channel 50 was allocated to Manchester and thus the main
> studio was the transmitter in Windham. Had the WXPO transmitter been
> another 50 to 100 feet higher the station may have gained traction. The
> signal for some reason boomed into the Back Bay and Allston but not in
> Cambridge or Somerville.

That would be those pesky hills north of Boston. They were helpful for the
colonials besieging the British in 1775, but for FM's north of town they
present challenges. 99.5, during the four years I had to do with it, had a
very inconsistent signal in the city because of those hills.

Rob