Dan Donovan and House Names

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jun 16 18:25:00 EDT 2019

I think there were lots of Dan Donovans.

Sometime in the mid-1980s, WROR had a Rock & Roll Reunion Weekend, in
which Arnie Ginsburg said they were having a Dan Donovan convention in
Fenway Park, and they were drawing straws, and the one with the shortest
straw would be on as Dan Donovan.  The next day, whoever was there as
Dan Donovan said that he was the last Dan Donovan.  He described coming
to Boston and going to see Max Richmond about a job.  Richmond said that
for his audition, he could go on that day as Dan Donovan.  When he was
done, he was given the slot permanently, and the guy who had been Dan
Donovan was turned into Johnny Dark and moved to the overnight shift.

Mel Miller was on the Reunion Weekend, and he said he was also Melvin X.
Melvin.  I think there were several Melvin X. Melvins, but I wonder
whether there were several Mel Millers.

I taped part of the Reunion Weekend, and I think I probably have an
edited version somewhere on a cassette.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. · 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 · Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 · Fax:617.507.7856 · http://www.attorneyross.com