WATD and WMEX

Eli Polonsky elipolo881@gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 11:28:25 EST 2019

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 1:43 AM A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com> wrote:

> I thought WMEX moved its transmitter site to somewhere in Waltham when it
> went to 50 kw.  I didn't think they transmitted at 50k from Waltham.  Am I
> mistaken?

WMEX first went 50 kW directional, but daytime only, from the Quincy site
around 1969. It remained 5 kW at night from there.

1510 (by then WITS) went 50 kW full-time, but with three increasingly
restrictive directional patterns, (daytime, critical hours, and nighttime),
when it was moved to the then-new Waltham site off of Waverley Oaks Rd.
(Route 60) around 1981.

EP