WATD and WMEX

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Wed Dec 4 09:02:01 EST 2019

The Waltham site was 50 KW 24/7, but with three different directional
patterns: day, critical hours, and night. It was a very touchy array,
requiring lots of engineering support. I'm told one reason it was so
touchy was the close tower spacing.

Waltham was not a good location for this station; much of its power went
out to sea and up the coast. I'm told it put a better signal into
Portland, Maine than into parts of greater Boston.

They would have done better with a site farther to the west and south, I
think. I wonder if they could have used Ashland or even Burrilville.

Rob