TV antenna reception update (as of now in Somerville)

Shawn Mamros mamros@mit.edu
Tue Aug 6 12:23:43 EDT 2019

Here in northwestern Waltham (just off of Totten Pond Road, with only the western slope of Prospect Hill blocking line of sight to the Needham/Newton towers), using an unpowered Mohu Leaf antenna, we get 47 of the 59 channels that Eli is getting.  Only channels 3, 8, and 26 and their respective subchannels are missing here.  (I actually was getting channel 26 on the morning of August 2nd when I did the initial rescan, but it was MIA yesterday and when I did a re-rescan it no longer appeared on the list - a few other channels showed up that weren't there before, though.)

-Shawn
From: Boston-Radio-Interest <boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org> on behalf of Eli Polonsky <elipolo881@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:02 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: TV antenna reception update (as of now in Somerville)

Here's what I get now over the air in Somerville, MA. I use one of these
Terk amplified indoor antennas that has two old-school "rabbit ear"
telescoping arms that pull in the now-RF VHF channels virtual 2-1 and 44-1
just fine. The center element gets the RF UHF channels, but is directional
requiring repositioning for certain channels.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-7w2aqhKUOAi/p_209HDTVA/Terk-HDTVa.html

Virtual channels and info display:
2-1 WGBH-HD
2-2 World