WGBH-TV coverage after August 2

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Aug 5 00:00:20 EDT 2019

Back in the day, I thought that VHF low had better reception, in
general, than VHF high.  When we lived in the Albany area, the only VHF
station, high or low, was 6 in Schenectady, and when we moved from there
to Bedford in May 1957, we only got Channel 4, with sound on 2.  Channel
2 had a low power signal at that time, and 5 wasn't on the air yet.  For
some reason our TV didn't get channels 7 or 9. At some point, after we
got a new TV, I wanted to fix up the old one, and my father let me test
one tube at a time at the local drug store tube tester.  When I finally
figured out that I should be checking the tuner tubes, I found one that
was weak, bought a replacement, and the VHF high stations finally came
in.  And I could get a picture on 2.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. · 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 · Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 · Fax:617.507.7856 · http://www.attorneyross.com