WGBH-TV coverage after August 2

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Sun Aug 4 23:14:06 EDT 2019

In Bangor,  WLBZ - 2 stayed on its VHF-Lo channel when it transitioned, as
did VHF-HI WVII (7).  WABI moved from 5 to VHF-HI 13.
WMUR (9) and WENH (11) also stayed on  VHF-HI.

WPRI (12) in Providence moved to 13, and WNAC (64) in Providence moved to
12.

So there were plenty of VHF transmitters running after the switchover, just
not in Boston.

As Scott mention, WHDH originally planned to stay on 7, but there were so
many reception problems on VHF 7 that they asked
and were granted permission to stay on their transitional channel 42
assignment.

-Bob