WGBH-TV coverage after August 2

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Aug 4 22:34:51 EDT 2019

Not sure where you got that impression, but it's... less than accurate.
Some low-band VHF stations (6 in Philadelphia, 6 in Schenectady) stayed on
low V. There were four new low Vs created by a very specific FCC action in
NJ and DE. But otherwise, there was no provision for any new licenses on
low V or elsewhere, and the repack is now filling low V with more existing
stations again. It's not just WGBH... WSBE in RI and WQED in Pittsburgh
took auction dollars to go to low V as well, among others.