WVCA-Geller...and Grandbank.

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed Oct 17 20:58:43 EDT 2018

On 10/17/2018 3:32 PM, Don wrote:
> Clicking around today, I got to reading(again) about Simon Geller.
>
> I was wondering about his first license challenge from a group called
> Grandbank, Inc. in the 70's.

Grand Bank was owned in part by a wealthy New Hampshire businessman
named Josiah Spaulding, who ran for senate at one point in the early
70s.  The other owner was a guy named Edward Mattar 3rd, president of
Worcester's Central New England College, but a former broadcast exec at
WHIL.

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies