WKLB Frequency Change?

Don astelle.donald@gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:47:21 EDT 2018

>> Ratings in Boston are all digital now - call signs mean NOTHING

The time Joe is talking about was when paper/written diaries were still
analog.

WCRB had some phenomenal ratings** during a time when Country 105.7 was
trying to get raction, and the Fairbanks people thought WCRB was getting
audience that belonged to them.  I think they found out differently when
they changed the calls and their ratings tayed low.

**At one point WCRB was considred the most successful Classical station in
America.  (I think they got a 4.5 in the ratings.)  This was also at a time
when WCRB started playing "movements", and utilized standard radio rotations
of playing the most popular peices more often.  Much to the chagrin of the
Classical afficienados.  ;-)