WKLB Frequency Change?

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 02:00:14 EDT 2018

105.7 has had an interesting history going back to its WKOX-FM days.

In the mid 60's a very unlikely station was #1 in Boston overall with a
limited signal on 1260 AM (WEZE) and WKOX-FM adopted the format and
developed a strong following with affluent listeners.This in turn prompted
Kaiser//Globe to launch WJIB. WKOX-FM waved the white flag and went to Top
40 in 1969 and 2 years later were sold to Fairbanks and became WVBF.