1570

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Jan 14 16:35:54 EST 2018

The 102.9 they're referring to is the Lawrence translator of WNNW 800.
It's a relatively small signal - if you're not in Andover or the
immediate vicinity, you won't hear. It certainly doesn't make it to
Wellesley.

The talk format that runs on the HD2 of 102.9 (yes, a translator can run
HD, and you can imagine how limited THAT coverage would be) is the old
English-language WCCM talk format that got bounced around the dial among
Costa-Eagle's stations, from 800 to 1490 to 1110 and then ultimately to
HD2 on the 102.9 translator.

It sounds as though they've been having some issues internally switching
the right programming to the right transmitters. The "Power" programming
comes from WNNW 800. I'm not sure if it's just filling unbought time on
1570 on purpose or if it was there by accident.