AM radio and Max (Mac?) Richmond

Don astelle.donald@gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 11:57:12 EST 2018

>I always wondered why it took so long to get FM into cars.

Remember....FM was an extra option...and cost more.....just like electric
windows.  Cost conscious buyers and dealers would do without!  (I have a
colleague that told me his father would never buy a car with any
radio...becuase it was "an extra".)

It was a little while before they became a stock/standard item.

I remember some older aunts and uncles who got FM's as a stock radio
included.

Most of them never listened to the FM option....because car AM radio was for
"car listening"...and the FM formats were for "home listening".