Longtime Merrimack Valley Radio Personality JC (Jim Camilli) Has Passed Away

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Aug 13 23:27:18 EDT 2018

Longtime WLLH Lowell/Lawrence radio personality Jim Camilli, known on the
air as J.C., passed away this afternoon. J.C hosted his popular J.C. Golden
Oldies show on WLLH on weekends from 1966 to 1990. Jim's radio career
started at WCSS Amsterdam NY back in the 1950's. From there he went to WPTR
Albany, then to his first stop in New England, as PD of WFEA Manchester in
1963. From there a brief stop at WOTW Nashua before arriving at WLLH in
March 1966. His last radio show was a Saturday night 3 hour brokered time
oldies show on WFEA several years ago. He was also known for his nightclub
oldies shows throughout the Merrimack Valley, which often drew a packed
house.

He did make one appearance on WCAP Lowell in 2001, as a guest on the
Afternoon Live show with Gary Francis, and I was fortunate to be the co-host
that day. As I recall, the phones rang off the hook once the show started.

On a personal note, I knew Jim for many years and was at many of his club
shows over the years.

Rest In Peace Jim.

Mark Watson