Translators far away?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 17:51:14 EDT 2018

I thought there was a 25 mi requirement between antenna and city of
license.That may be in play here, as they (105.3) and 1570 are each
licensed to Methuen. But yes, Medford, home of the translatorbin reality,
isn't exactly Merrimack Valley.

Wikipedia entry for 1570:"Broadcast area--Greater Boston"

I think WUBG 1570 Methuen is 50 kW by day and is designed to serve Greater
Boston somehow even if the AM barely reaches Boston (days).(Their website
shows a Boston skyline.The AM antenna is in Andover.)