Entercom announces what it plans to keep

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sun Oct 15 14:57:43 EDT 2017

Yup - grandfathered. There aren't many of those left, but a few were
able to survive. Those include Atlanta, Reading PA (WEEU radio and the
Reading Eagle), Scranton PA (Times-Tribune and the Shamrock stations),
and I know I'll think of more as soon as I hit send.

A lot of grandfathered combos have disappeared in just the last few
years as heritage broadcast-print companies have split up. The split of
Tribune's print properties into Tronc pulled WGN away from the Tribune,
for instance, and the deal that combined Scripps' print properties into
Gannett and its broadcast properties into TEGNA split up the Milwaukee
Journal-Sentinel from WTMJ radio/TV. The Wolfe family in Columbus sold
the Dispatch to Gatehouse (eewww) and kept WBNS radio and TV. And on it
goes.