Entercom-CBS-Beasley-iHeart

Martin Waters martinjwaters@yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 11:56:11 EST 2017

>adamnw wrote:

>If they get rid of Dan Rea and overnight programming, I am sure many of people >say "we've seen this movie >before." As many will recall, when Brudnoy was let >go that didn't last very long.        You're confusing Westinghouse/CBS with iHeart. As their opening machine-gun blast against the individual employees and the union should tell us, iHeart is a whole different animal. And don't think this little settlement at the moment means there is not a near certainty of very ugly goings-on that won't be overturned by any public-pressure campaigns. It's very unfortunate that there could not have been a local buyer for WBZ (AM), along the lines of local buyers who now have the potential to preserve as quality news outlets such newspapers as the Boston Globe, the Washington Post and the Philadelphia Inquirer.
   Meanwhile, iHeart just reported a $248 million third-quarter loss, with a 2 percent drop in revenue, although its radio operations revenue was up 0.3 percent. It has $21 billion in debt that has started speculation about possible bankruptcy as soon as next year, as reported at http://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/0002/iheartmedia-posts-another-quarterly-loss/340723