[IRCA] WNTN 1550 transmitter site change?

Jibguy@aol.com Jibguy@aol.com
Thu Mar 16 01:00:55 EDT 2017

SURVIVAL

In a message dated 3/16/2017 12:53:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
joe@attorneyross.com writes:

Why  would they want to make a move that requires that much of a
reduction in  power?

On 3/15/2017 10:22 PM, Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
> Not  may have, it definately has and gone from 10kw to 750w
>

>  On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 6:22 PM Mark Connelly via IRCA <
>  irca@hard-core-dx.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that WNTN 1550  may have completed its transmitter site move from
>> Newton to a  diplex operation at the WJIB 740 tower on Concord Ave.,
>>  Cambridge.
>>
>> The signal strength here seems to be  less.  Even though the path from
>> Cambridge to here has a  slighter higher over-water percentage than that
>> from Newton,  neither the minor uptick in that percentage value nor the
>> slight  distance reduction is enough to make up for the significant power
>>  reduction.  When checked this afternoon the WNTN signal was about even
with
>> co-channel WSDK from the Hartford, CT area.  It had  previously
dominated.
>> Adjacent channels 1540 (WXEX-NH over  WADK-RI, WDCD-NY) and 1560
(WFME-NY)
>> signals were  stronger.
>>
>> Mark Connelly, WA1ION
>> South  Yarmouth,  MA

A. Joseph Ross,  J.D. | 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 | Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 |  Fx:617.507.7856 |  http://www.attorneyross.com