Is WBRU on the brink?

Don astelle.donald@gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 16:25:33 EDT 2017

>>It's no longer a student enterprise; it's the institution's enterprise,
>>operated for the institution's purposes,

If it's licensed to the institution....it's the institutions enterprise.
And a licensed station is there to serve the community/public...not just be
entertainment for the students. Congress and the courts have mandated that
licensees serve as "public trustees" of the airwaves.

>> the students being merely its agents.

No, not "merely'.

In the case of Emerson, the students are getting airtime, and getting more
professional training than they could at any other college station.