Is WBRU on the brink?

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Fri Jul 28 08:12:26 EDT 2017

Once RIPR gets 89.3 up and running from the Tiverton site, its lease deal
with the Wheeler School for WELH 88.1 will become redundant. Would Wheeler
have any desire to work with WBRU or sell 88.1? Not impossible, but hard to
see it make economic sense for anyone. Modern rock doesn't have much of a
track record of being able to work as a listener-supported noncomm format.

(Before Wheeler did the RIPR deal, it leased part of the 88.1 day to Brown
Student Radio, which is a separate entity from WBRU.)