Will WMEX go silent forever?

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Sun Jul 2 13:52:59 EDT 2017

When WMEX was still in the Quincy swamp, and still at 5 kW at night, they were clearly audible along the NH and ME seacoasts. My parents were Jerry Williams fans, and would listen every night at our house in York ME. Now, I can't even get them in Lowell after the sun goes down. Barely 20 miles.

-Speaking of the 'MEX signal. Before being hired by WBZ I spent some time doing news at 1510. When I did the night gig I got frequent calls from Newfoundland.
I can't figure out why they listened, but like most Canadians they were very polite.