Classical (was: Fairbanks WKLB/WCLB & WCRB

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Fri Jan 20 16:40:31 EST 2017

I happen to serve on WHRB's board of trustees. WHRB is student-operated
and non-profit, but it has a commercial license and sells ads to pay its
bills.

The music is chosen by students, and while they have some guidelines they
are largely free to program what they choose. The station is also managed
by students; the Board of Trustees holds the license. The University does
not own WHRB or support it beyond allowing it to maintain studios on
campus. The transmitter site is in downtown Boston, paid for out of
advertising revenue.

Rob