Fairbanks WKLB/WCLB & WCRB

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Jan 18 23:36:11 EST 2017

I think that classical music listeners want music, not talk.  I used to
keep WCRB on in my office.  Under Ted Jones, they occasionally got into
something where they started talking about the music for a lengthy
period, and that occasionally caused me to tune to one of the other
classical stations that were available then.

Since the WCRB signal got a bit dicey in 2007, when I moved my office
from Government Center to State Street, near Aquarium Station.  So I
started to see what I could find online.  WCRB's online signal is more
difficult to tune in, since you have to click on several links to get
it.  I prefer a station that I can get on Screamer Radio, which I can
set to come on automatically when I turn on the computer.

I now listen mostly to KUSC, Los Angeles, at the University of Southern
California.  But when they do fundraising, I find another station to
listen to.  Fundraising is long periods of talking, which is not what I
want.  A few commercials and back to the music doesn't bother me.  But
long periods of talking do, especially when they repeat their pitch over
and over.  When my mother used to nag me, I could get her to stop by
doing whatever it was she was nagging me to do.  But you can't stop the
nagging of radio fundraisers by making a pledge.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. | 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 | Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 | Fx:617.507.7856 | http://www.attorneyross.com