Norway goes Digital, eliminates FM radio

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Jan 13 02:08:11 EST 2017

<<On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 01:23:37 -0500, A Joseph Ross <joe@attorneyross.com> said:

> How would we know whether an HD sub-channel has gained an audience? When
> people are asked what station they are listening to, do they know the
> difference between WBZ and WBZ-FM-HD3?

People are not asked what station they are listening to, they are
handed Portable People Meters, which listen for and decode subaudible
tones that identify the station and specific delivery mechanism
(streaming, analog broadcast, or digital broadcast).

-GAWollman