WSBK

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Jan 7 23:35:41 EST 2017

TV Guide did that starting in the 1950s.  The default was the black
TV-screen-shaped icon, with a white channel number.  If there was
another station on the same channel within the coverage area of that
particular edition, there would be a white icon with a thin black border
and a black channel number.  I first saw this when I lived in the
Albany, NY area in 1953-57, where WRGB had the black "6" icon and some
other channel 6 somewhere had the white icon.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D. | 1340 Centre Street, Suite 103 | Newton, MA 02459
617.367.0468 | Fx:617.507.7856 | http://www.attorneyross.com