WSBK

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 07:07:02 EST 2017

I think at one point things like the Globe's TV magazine had a page with a
chart showing cable TV channel positions in various locations.
I haven't bought TVGuide in years but at one point they had a whole bunch
of channels to list and in some cases they had to use different symbols;if
they somehow listed both the channel 6s in Portland and New Bedford, one
would be a white 6 in a black TV shaped background while the other was a
black 6 in a white background. Or was that a local newspaper doing that.

It's a bunch of confusion with the likes of channel numbers, virtual ones,
or cable ones.Ch 50 in NH is probably on another channel number really and
I think they actually use the number 18 because that's where they are on
many cable systems. I think Ch 22 in Burlington VT area would say, "Channel
22, Cable 4". NBCBoston is saying "Ch 10 on most providers" but there are
various channel locations between Ch 8 WBTS, Ch 60 in NH for those over the
air, and a subchannel of WMFP 62..and yet we hear they're on 60.5 not
62.5..?