[B-R-I] Re: WSBK

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@Gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 13:33:05 EST 2017

Bob Nelson wrote,

 > It's a bunch of confusion with the likes of channel numbers,
 > virtual ones, or cable ones.

      <snip>

 > NBCBoston is saying "Ch 10 on most providers" but there are
 > various channel locations between Ch 8 WBTS, Ch 60 in NH for
 > those over the air, and a subchannel of WMFP 62..and yet we
 > hear they're on 60.5 not 62.5..?

Ahhh, the joys of remapping!  P=)

Yes, “NBCBoston” is sent to WMFPʼs RF-Ch.18.5 and remapped to
Vir-Ch.60.5, not 62.5—unlike most stations that offset the
remapping (e.g., Vir-Ch.##.1 = RF-Ch.##.3), WMFP remaps
RF-Ch.##.N to Vir-Ch.##.N—at WMFP:62ʼs xmtr in Newton, not
WNEU:60ʼs (RF-Ch.34) xmtr up in NH.
Upon further observation and reflection since my last post, given
that some to most secondary stations screen ID—not the legal, TOH
ID, but the PSIP Ch. ID—as the network, not the CALLs (e.g.,
“Ch.7-2, This-TV”), forget any pretext about promoting WBTS-LD or
WNEU....Except for the primary station (if FCC required), just
use the hostʼs virtual channel number and “NBC” or “NBCBos”:
“Ch.8-1, NBCBos” (or “Ch.8-1, WBTS-LD”), “Ch.60-2, NBCBos” and
“Ch.62-5, NBCBos”.
At least until the dust settles with the auctions, quiet period
and channel reassignments and NBC decides what it wants to own
here in the long term.

      ~Kaimbridge~

-- -- --
      Wiki—Sites Contribution History Pages:

        en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kaimbridge
          math.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kaimbridge
  wiki.gis.com/wiki/index.php/Special:Contributions/Kaimbridge
         rosettacode.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kaimbridge

      *****  Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer.  *****