[B-R-I] Re: CRTC approves WBTS-LD for Canadian carriagec

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@Gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 12:53:03 EST 2017

Kevin Vahey wrote,

 > Early this morning the only ID showing on Comcast is WBTS-TV

Yes, *early* this morning and previous (for Ch.10, and “WBTSHD”
for Ch.810).
By 11am, however, the on-screen IDs are now just “NBC” for Ch.10
and “NBCHD” for Ch.810, period—no attribution to either WBTS or
WNEU (which I suppose is perfectly legit, since it is received
directly via fiber/cable from the headend and not OTA!).

This whole RF-Ch.s 18(WMFP)/34(WNEU)/46(WBTS-LD) arrangement is
ambiguous and murky, at best!
Is there a reason why they picked Ch.10 for ComCast (a likely
possibility being they wanted to match with WJARʼs “NBC 10” for a
smooth South Shore hand-off—?) and not Ch.8?
What they should have done is try and get WMTWʼs blessing to use
Ch.8-10, in which case they could ID OTA as “WBTS-LD 8-10” and
ComCast could then ID them as “NBC 10”/“NBCHD” (or even “NBC 810”).

      ~Kaimbridge~

-- -- --
      Wiki—Sites Contribution History Pages:

        en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kaimbridge
          math.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kaimbridge
  wiki.gis.com/wiki/index.php/Special:Contributions/Kaimbridge
         rosettacode.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kaimbridge

      *****  Void Where Permitted; Limit 0 Per Customer.  *****