Fwd: Re: WJIB at 101.3

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Wed Aug 9 06:50:43 EDT 2017

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017, A Joseph Ross wrote:

> Looks like even Newton is on the boundary between local and distant.

> Now that my office is in Newton Centre, I'll have to try and listen from
> there. Unfortunately, the pirate seems to make the FM translator hard
> to listen to in most of the translator's local coverage area.

Newton Centre is on the border of what we used to call "intermod alley",
the area around the towers near Route 128 where receiver overloading from
the nearby transmitters interferes with reception of more distant signals.
I've noticed an increase in interference to WHRB's signal on my car radio
due to something new going on the air in the area; I've not ye had the
time to figure out what it may be. But it wouldn't suprise me at all if
receiver overloading is an issue with receiving WJIB's translator in
Newton Centre.

Rob