WNBP 1450 etc., replacement car radios

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 03:46:39 EDT 2017

Joe

I doubt there has been any major maintenance to the 1540 transmitter
location in Colonie, NY in decades.

In 1966 WPTR was one of 3 stations that promoted the Beatles at
Suffolk Downs along with WBZ and WMEX and that was mainly because of
the popularity of Roger Scott. Scott was hired by CFOX Montreal
because WPTR had become the station of choice for Montreal teens at
night.

Scott was a talent and he died way too young

Scott WPTR

https://audioboom.com/posts/2606565-roger-scott-last-show-wptr-albany-1966

Scott CFOX

https://audioboom.com/posts/2606569-roger-scott-cfox-montreal-1969?playlist_direction=forward&t=0