Valley 98.9

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Mon Apr 10 09:02:24 EDT 2017

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017, Bob Nelson wrote:

> So yes, automated jukebox, as they may feel that's where the money is (with
> the FM tail wagging the AM dog).It's Valley 98.9 not Valley 1110. That's
> where the money is, in oldies.

My brother and I are in the process of doing something similar -- same
concept, dfferent music -- in central Vermont. But we're including a lot
of local content, tailored specifically to appeal to the station's local
community.

> WKRP first episode:
> Les: But there are already a lot of rock and roll stations in Cincinatti!

> Andy: Well, why do you think that is, Les?

> Les: Well, I think it's a plot of some sort.

> Andy: No, Les. Rock and roll is where the money is.

Me: If you're first in the market with it, yes; or if you're second in the
market, but manage to position yourself as the trend-setter. But if you're
the fifth rocker in a market already saturated with the stuff, you might
as well be playing polkas.

Rob