NBC Boston info

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sat Nov 5 14:38:44 EDT 2016

On Nov 2, 2016, at 12:43 AM, Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Exactly. NBC has most of the cable operators on board, Charter in Worcester
> is the only one to be balking as they carry WJAR anyways.

Charter carries WJAR on channel 10 in SD.  They don’t carry it in HD at all.

I still don’t understand how NBC/Comcast can just pick a virtual channel number out of a hat.

And will WNEU broadcast NBC Boston with virtual channel 8.2 and not 60.2?  Really?  Can stations have their sub channels on a different virtual channel number than their main channel?

And Telemundo will continue on 60.1?

And how will the newspapers show NBC Boston?  Channel 8, I assume.

Paul