CBS Looking To Sell Off Their Radio Stations

Don Donald_Astelle@Yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 01:14:22 EDT 2016

CBS is putting their entire radio division up for sale according to this
article in Variety. CBS CEO Les Moonves confirming this at the CBS Investor
Day presentation today.
<<

Will they sell as a whole....or in bunches...or individual stations?

I know in Boston Clear Channel (IheartMedia) would love to pick up a few
more full-signal FM's in Boston....as they only have 2-1/2 right now.
(Although, IHM Has other problems right now...)

I can't think of who might want to run an all-news 50KW AM station (and run
it in a good way) if CBS doesn't want it.

Clear Channel does have some experience running 50KW blowtorch stations in
many markets.

But what could they get for these stations?  In the same announcement, CBS
stated that they "don't see radio as a growth industry any longer".

Does anyone see it as a growth industry worthy of investment?

Don