Fw: ✉ something new, don't miss up-- spam watch

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Jun 8 21:09:29 EDT 2016

<<On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 10:07:50 -0400, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> said:

> my name and in other people's.  I thought it had died down, but
> periodically it arises all over again.  I'm truly sorry this is
> happening, and I would welcome suggestions about what to do about it.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done.  The Internet email
protocol was designed in the 1980s before spam was even a gleam in
Canter & Siegel's eyes; the contents of the headers can't be
authenticated, and the malware and spamware authors know this.

The only alternative from my perspective would be to make this a fully
moderated mailing-list, which (given how lazy I've been at those
duties) would probably kill it completely.

-GAWollman