PHC

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sun Jul 3 15:30:37 EDT 2016

> On Jul 3, 2016, at 3:03 PM, Don via Boston-Radio-Interest <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org> wrote:
>

> From: "Don" <Donald_Astelle@Yahoo.com>
> Subject: Last Prarie Home Companion with Garison Keilor?
> Date: July 3, 2016 at 2:08:42 PM EDT
> To: <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
>

> This weekend was supposed to be the last Prarie Home Companion on public radio this weekend.
>
> Since I was out last night, I got set up today (Sunday) to record it on WEVO at 11AM, it's usual start time...and something else was on.

A lot of NPR stations are preempting programs this weekend for the Capitol Steps 4th of July Special, perhaps that’s what they were running?

> I tried WGBH-FM...but it didn't appear on the schedule for it's normal 12Noon run.

WGBH cancelled the Sunday rerun a while ago,

> It must have run Saturday night...but dis any station cary the Sunday feed of PHC?
>
> I would love to have taped it.

Have you tried prairiehome.org <http://prairiehome.org/>?  You can listen to the program there.

Here in the Tampa Bay area on WUSF-FM the first half-hour was broadcast as dead air, RF was OK but no audio at all.  Someone must have been asleep at the switch.  I presume whoever was responsible will hear a lot about it on Tuesday morning, if the person still has a job by then.  The Sunday rerun though was good.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, FL