60.5

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Wed Dec 21 09:44:29 EST 2016

You have to wonder if this is a plan for markets with high cable
subscriptions: stop paying a full-power affiliate to carry your programs,
and put your stuff on an inexpensive flea-power OTA station that, since you
own the cable company, you carry and the public's no wiser.

-----Original Message-----
From: Boston-Radio-Interest
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Laurence
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 7:47 AM
To: Eli Polonsky
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: 60.5

On Dec 21, 2016, at 1:23 AM, Eli Polonsky <elipolo881@gmail.com> wrote:

> The signal I'm receiving is NOT from the WNEU (virtual Ch. 60)
> transmitter facility in Goffstown, NH. Due to the hill rising up
> behind where I live blocking signals from the north, I get no on-air
> reception from NH at all. This is coming from the WMFP facility on one
> of the towers out near Route 128 in the Newton/ Needham area (I think
> it's on FM-128 in Newton).

The thing I can't figure out is why they didn't call it channel 8.5 instead
of 60.5. It would be less confusing to people in the core part of the
market, who can receive 8 but not 60, and it would place NBC next to the
other network stations on most people's TVs.

It makes me think this is a hasty and temporary move, and Comcast expects to
change their entire OTA situation soon, perhaps after the spectrum auction.