60.5

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Wed Dec 21 07:47:00 EST 2016

On Dec 21, 2016, at 1:23 AM, Eli Polonsky <elipolo881@gmail.com> wrote:

> The signal I'm receiving is NOT from the WNEU (virtual Ch. 60)
> transmitter facility in Goffstown, NH. Due to the hill rising up
> behind where I live blocking signals from the north, I get no
> on-air reception from NH at all. This is coming from the WMFP
> facility on one of the towers out near Route 128 in the Newton/
> Needham area (I think it's on FM-128 in Newton).

The thing I can't figure out is why they didn't call it channel 8.5 instead of 60.5. It would be less confusing to people in the core part of the market, who can receive 8 but not 60, and it would place NBC next to the other network stations on most people's TVs.

It makes me think this is a hasty and temporary move, and Comcast expects to change their entire OTA situation soon, perhaps after the spectrum auction.