Rush gone from WRKO

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed May 20 12:10:38 EDT 2015

On 5/20/2015 6:57 AM, billohno@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm sure Scott will have the scoop on the details next week (caught his Tuesday report.)

Rightly or wrongly, Rush Limbaugh's downfall began with the Sandra Fluke
fiasco, when he totally misrepresented what Ms. Fluke had actually said,
and then attacked her personally by calling her vile names for four
days.  Yes, it was lefties who organized a boycott of his sponsors, but
even some moderate Republicans and MANY businesses were increasingly
uncomfortable with the hatefulness of his rant and how long it went on
-- it was well over the line from satire or political commentary, and a
few rightie bloggers, who at first were in favor of attacking Ms. Fluke
because she was an advocate for "Obamacare," quickly saw that this was
becoming a problem and said he ought to back off.  He didn't.  And you
know how advertisers hate being associated with controversy.  So, even
the ones who personally liked and agreed with Limbaugh began to pull
their ads from his show; and the rest, as they say, is history.