WJIB off due to power outage

Jibguy@aol.com Jibguy@aol.com
Fri May 8 03:42:14 EDT 2015

TEXT FROM FACEBOOK: (with photos on facebook)

WJIB's  AILMENTS. Busy week in jib-land! On May 7th at 8:15 AM, there was
supposedly a  little explosion of underground power lines along Concord
Avenue. Knocked WJIB  off the air. Power not restored until about 3 PM by power
company. But it also  blew out WJIB's audio processor. Took a couple more
hours to replace that one  with the old back-up. WJIB returned to the air aroud
7 PM. Meanwhile, on the  same day, tower-climbers were scheduled to run
totally new coax cable all the  way up the tower to replace the 67-year-old
existing wiring, which went bad a  couyple months ago, resultingin the top
tower light not being connected. Now,  time to change the type of lighting. Now
it's all LED red lights; on top, and 4  more on the sides. Top light now
working. Side lights to be done today, Friday.  I came down from Maine to
assist in the project on May 7 (Thurs), as well as to  cure another problem......
station off the air soon after nighttime, around 9  PM. Me and trusty
tech-guy believe that's due to faulty 3-pound capacitors in  "the dog house"; the
little enclosure at the base of the tower. Those were  replaced at 10 PM
Thursday night May 7th. And as of now, 3 AM May 8th, WJIB is  still on, so
maybe we were right about that. Time will tell. I'm back in Maine  now, and I
can monitor the signal by phone, from here. All of this costing over
$14,000.00. And that's after last year's every-10-years-tower-painting at
$13,000.00. Some photos of Thursday here.....

In a message dated 5/8/2015 3:38:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,