104.3 Keesville still Christmas?

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Wed Mar 4 13:41:36 EST 2015

The "simulcast" now runs an hour after live....just before Dan Rea

                    Gary's Ice Cream, Chelmsford, MA
www.garysicecream.com           www.icecreamcollege.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Boston-Radio-Interest
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Garrett Wollman
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 11:45 AM
To: Shawn Mamros
Cc: bri@bostonradio.org
Subject: RE: 104.3 Keesville still Christmas?

<<On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 13:34:55 +0000, Shawn Mamros <mamros@mit.edu> said:

> we no longer have a tuner capable of receiving broadcast radio in
> active use in our house.  I would never have believed that possible
> ten or even five years ago.

Of course, the business side of radio has long considered broadcast to be an
"out of home" medium.  That's why you had all those radio companies snapping
up billboard faces -- the thought was that these were reaching the same
audience as radio advertising.

As for me, I still have my HD tuner attached to the receiver downstairs --
used almost exclusively for Prairie Home Companion on Saturday evenings.  I
still travel with a bag full of audio equipment.
But in my regular workaday life, I rarely ever end up turning terrestrial
broadcast radio on: the few podcast subscriptions I have generate enough
interesting content to soak up most of my regular commuting time, and the
remaining time I either turn the audio off completely, or put on satellite.
Terrestrial radio has this nasty habit of going into a stop set immediately
after I turn it on.

I do on occasion put on WBZ but I'm always disappointed as their traffic
reports are never helpful.  (And then there's that stupid CBS Evening News
simulcast -- are they still doing that?)

-GAWollman