Salem buying WMKI 1260

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Fri Jun 5 11:00:55 EDT 2015

I can't speak for Bob Bittner, but I strongly suspect he wouldn't much
want 1260 even if they were giving it away for free. By day, he covers
just as much ground (maybe even more) on 740 with 250 watts as 1260 does
with 5000 watts. Yes, it would add a viable night signal to parts of the
market, but at a considerable cost: spending most of his time in Maine,
I'd think the last thing Bob would want is the time and expense involved
in maintaining an aging directional array.

As for Salem, they actually make money off the Christian teaching,
whereas it appears they lose money on "The Answer" nationally. If they
can get 1260 at a bargain-basement price to provide a top-10-market
clearance for the Answer lineup, great. But I doubt they'd make the swap
to put Answer on the bigger 590 signal.