RIP Bob Wilson

Ted Larsen tlmedia@intrstar.net
Sat Jan 17 14:19:12 EST 2015

When I was at 'BZ and we had the Bruins franchise, Bob would visit often. A
true gentleman.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Vahey
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:54 PM
To: Boston Radio Group
Subject: RIP Bob Wilson

He was the best hockey play by play man on radio I have ever heard.
Cusick was best on TV.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/bob-wilson-longtime-bruins-announcer-dies-at-85/30773938

In his perch in the press box in Montreal, Bob Wilson, the longtime
radio voice of the Bruins, led listeners through his pregame setup. It
was a potential series clincher for the Habs. With almost a stand-up
comic's refined delivery, The Voice fired off the names of Montreal's
hot scorers. Based on Wilson's frustrated tone and, the French names
rolling from his tongue in near perfect accent, another end was upon
his beloved B's.

"That rounds out the Montreal attack," boomed Wilson, segueing
directly out of the roll call of Canadiens scorers. "And who do the
Bruins counter with, but Lyndon Byers . . . who couldn't put the puck
in the ocean if he was standing at the end of the dock!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DBjhWfnqr4