Minor bostonradio.org mail changes, should not affect anyone

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Nov 22 17:03:04 EST 2014

I've made some minor changes to the way mail for this mailing-list is
handled, which should not affect anyone.  If you have trouble sending
to the list and get a bounce message back from your mail system,
please forward the message to me at this address so I can investigate.

(Boring technical details: I've configured the mail system on the
bostonradio.org server to support STARTTLS and published a TLSA record
for mail to lists.bostonradio.org and plain bostonradio.org.  However,
my other server, which also handles bostonradio.org mail, does not
support STARTTLS and does not have TLSA records.  As DANE for SMTP is
just now starting to be deployed, most servers are not going to care
about this, but I'm interested in learning about exceptions.  This
uses the same certificate as the https://lists.bostonradio.org Web
server, which I bought last January specifically with the intent of
doing this, but just now got around to it.)

-GAWollman